Austempered Sickle Sections
MacDon Performance Parts Sickle Sections undergo a unique heat treatment process known as Austempering, which produces a tougher and more impact resistant structure for improved harvesting performance!
- Austempered heat treatment involves through-hardening the entire section, versus competitors only heat-treating the cutting portion
- Available in either Fine (14 serrations per inch), Coarse (9 serrations per inch), or Ultra-Coarse (4 serrations per inch) options.
- Self-sharpen as they wear, meaning your sickle sections will continue to stay sharp throughout the section life
- Guaranteed hole spacing means your replacement sickle section will fit your MacDon perfectly every time
Austempered Sickle Section Options:
- Ultra-coarse sections are recommended for thicker stemmed crops and adverse soybean conditions.
- Coarse sections are recommended for cereals, canola, pulses and soybeans.
- Fine sections are recommended for use in forage, grasses and thin stemmed crops like flax and lentils.
View our Parts Guide to learn more.
FIND YOUR LOCAL MACDON DEALER!